112 days.

112 days. approx. 160,000 minutes. 3 1/2 months until I'll be dressed in skirt and blouse, luggage in one hand as I wave goodbye to my wonderful family with the other. 112 days and I will be placing a dark blue name tag over my heart, to stay there for the next 18 months of my life. I am going on a mission! Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in everything else going on. Getting ready in general--searching for clothing, shoes, bags, coats, reading, studying, french. It's so easy to get caught up in all I have to get before I leave that I forget about what I'll really be doing when I leave, who I need to be when I leave.
I have been called to serve as a missionary of Jesus Christ. I have been called of God to bring the wonderful people of Canada unto Christ. I have been called as a chosen servant of the Lord. I can't describe the humility I feel when I really ponder this. I have been called of God. My heavenly father inspired his chosen servants to call me where he knew I needed to serve. I am sure of this. I can't describe the peace I feel every time I ready my mission call, or look at the little picture of the Canadian flag beside my own face on missionary portal. The spirit is real in testifying to me that this is where I'm meant to be called. This is where I'm needed, but it is also where I need to be. It's the place where I will have the blessing touch specific lives, and it is the place where specific lives will touch my own. I have been called of God. I don't think it was by chance that I was called where I've been called. Some old men didn't send me to Canada just to get a kick out of seeing me freeze to death in the sub-zero weather. The prophets of God were inspired to send me where the Lord knew was best. I feel this every time I ready my call, every time look at my French Book of Mormon or Hymn book.
I don't know what experiences to expect in the 18 months that I serve as a missionary. I don't know what trials I will face or what joys I will experience. But I do know that the Lord knows, and that he has in store for me what he knows is right for me. I know this is what the Lord wants for me at this moment. Sometimes the idea of a mission does feel scary. I'm not always perfect with words or with approaching strangers. I know it will be mentally and spiritually exhausting. I will miss my family. I will feel alone at times. But the knowledge that this is right keeps me going no matter what. I know that this is what the Lord wants and nothing will stop me from that! No fears or doubts can hold me back from the joy I know I'll feel from bringing souls unto Christ. I know this church is true. The gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth. Christ lives. His atonement is real. I can't even begin to comprehend the infinite nature of the atonement, or my savior's love for me and my brothers and sisters... but I know that it is real. I know that he loves me. And I know that I am meant to have a hand in bringing others to this knowledge. I can't begin to describe the eagerness I feel to get out there and teach. I want to bring others unto Christ! It fills my whole soul just thinking about it, because I know that it is true. I can't describe the joy I feel from the gospel. It is the source of all my joy, strength, peace, and solace. Christ lives. I want to share his love and the light of the gospel with everyone I can. I am so so so eager to share this message with the beautiful people of the Canada Montreal Mission. I am so eager to do so in the French language. I feel SOOOO blessed that I have been called to teach the gospel in French. That truly is a tender mercy. I can't wait to get out there and share the testimony and love I have of the gospel. So here's to only 112 days more until I can physically wear the Savior's name over my heart :)


Comments

Popular Posts